Are You Tired Of Your Eyewear Constantly Fogging?
When you depend on your eyeglasses for your every day or work-related use, you will face some difficulties when they constantly fog up. It will not matter if you are indoors or outdoors or getting in and out of your vehicle, when your lenses are foggy, you will have a problem to deal with.
When the temperatures are constantly changing, it can be easier for the weather conditions to cause your lenses to fog. For those who need eyeglasses or safety glasses for work, fogging eyewear can definitely be a huge frustration. Fortunately, there are solutions to a fog problem.
Why Might Your Eyeglasses Fog?
There are various factors that can contribute to your lenses constantly fogging. Some examples are listed below:
- You have been standing outside in the sun and get into your vehicle. You will notice a difference in the temperatures, and your eyeglasses can start to fog.
- Wearing eyeglasses or safety glasses that are extremely tight. When your eyewear is too tight, you are contributing to the restriction of airflow. When there is not enough airflow getting through, your glasses will fog.
If you work outside when the weather is warm, you probably deal with foggy eyewear on a daily basis, especially if your eyeglasses or safety glasses have a face shield.
Although you can always take off your eyewear and clean the lenses, but who wants to constantly do that? There can be several issues that you may have to deal with if you are constantly dealing with foggy eyewear, such as the following:
- When your eyeglasses are foggy, you will have trouble accomplishing the task at hand. If you cannot see what you are doing while working, you risk putting yourself and others at risk.
- If you become so frustrated that you remove your eyeglasses or safety glasses/goggles, you are putting yourself in harm’s way. If it is a requirement to wear safety eyewear and you remove them, you are not following the rules and risk facing disciplinary actions.
- Your production levels may slip because you are constantly worrying about your eyewear. If you have to constantly stop and take breaks to wipe your eyeglasses, you will not be able to produce at the level that is required of you.
While there are various solutions that can be used to protect your eyewear from fog, there is not a “one-size-fits-all” solution. Some of the solutions that may help you with your eyewear problem include the following:
Safety Eyewear With Straps
If you are tired of always taking off your glasses completely, you can have a strap put on your eyewear. It can be easy for you to take off the glasses and put them down. When you forget to put on the glasses, you are not complying with the rules and regulations of your workplace. With a strap on your glasses, you will not forget to put them back on because they will be near your body and not sitting on a table somewhere.
There is anti-fog coating and anti-fog eyewear that you can purchase. When you have this type of protection, you will not have all of those problems you have been dealing with. Anti-fog eyewear can completely get rid of the fogging problems, without needing any additional adjustments and treatments.
You do not have to think that fogging eyewear is just something you will have to deal with. There are plenty of options for you. One of the easiest things you can do right now is to get rid of the eyewear you are wearing now and wear something different. A new pair of eyeglasses with the right protection can make a huge difference.
If you have been dealing with this type of issue and are ready for something different, contact us today.