Prescription Safety Glasses for Carpentry
Prescription safety glasses come in a variety of different shapes and styles, and each is best suited to a specific function. What are the best safety glasses for carpentry.
The Right Prescription Safety Glasses for Carpenters
In carpentry, the eye hazards you have to deal with the most are sawdust, objects being propelled toward your face (such as pieces flying off of a piece of wood on a table saw), and sweat in your eyes during dangerous operations. Many people use goggles that fit over regular glasses and only wear them while operating machinery, but there are problems with this.
Here are the advantages to prescription safety glasses for carpentry, and what glasses are best for carpentry:
- If you use safety goggles only during dangerous work, it is easy to forget to put them on, and you are not prepared should an unexpected mishap put your eyes in danger while you’re working. You will also likely not wear safety glasses during some less obviously dangerous scenarios, such as working with chemicals that could hurt you if they entered your eyes.
- Fitover goggles tend to get pretty beaten up because they are not very good quality. They may also have gaps around your eyes that can let particles and/or sweat in. These all impede your vision, which could cause an injury while working.
- Safety glasses for carpentry are best if they have a gasket or foam to seal the area around your eyes entirely. This will ensure that no sweat or dust of any kind can make it under the lenses and into your eyes.
- Our prescription safety glasses that are best for carpentry are the Wiley X Climate Control Series, the Bobster XRH, and the RK2 goggle. These all have foam seals that protect your eyes from dust and sweat, making your work environment much safer. The Wiley X Climate Control series offers the best face seal, plus the seal is removable so you do not have to wear it all day.
- It is a good idea to order anti-fog coating or wipes to ensure that your lenses don’t fog while working, which is another easy way to put yourself in danger.
Safety is important, and prescription safety glasses increase the likelihood that you’ll wear safety glasses around the shop and on the job at all times. This ensures that your eyes are as safe as possible, and you will be more comfortable without the goggles.
If you are interested in prescription safety glasses for carpentry and have more questions, please call us and an experienced customer service representative will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for reading, and happy shopping!